To mark 500 years of artistic genius and enduring creative influence, we invite you to celebrate the life and legacy of High Renaissance master, Raphael (Raffaello Sanzio 1483 – 1520).
Join us for a three-part lecture series featuring leading art historians Dr John Gagné, Lorraine Kypiotis and Dr Michael Hill, proudly presented with our program partner Istituto Italiano di Cultura – Cultural Office of the Consulate General of Italy.
Lecture 1: 'Absorbing Raphael: the Renaissance Artist’s Early Years' Dr John Gagné
Lecture 2: 'Raphael in Rome: the Stanza della Segnatura' Lorraine Kypiotis
Lecture 3: 'Raphael’s Portraits' Michael Hill
Can’t attend a lecture in person? Join us virtually and receive a link to a recording of the lecture to view at your pleasure for a one-week period. Bookings for the online option can be made up until the day prior to the lecture release and a link with a secure password will be sent to you on the dates below:
Online ticketing information
• Bookings for the online option can be made up until the day prior to the lecture release dates.
• Ticket holders will receive a link and password to the online lecture via email on the dates below. There is no view limit on the lecture, however lectures will be accessible for one week after receipt of the link:
Lecture 1: Book by 4 November 2020. Available for viewing 5 to 12 November
Lecture 2: Book by 11 November 2020. Available for viewing 12 to 19 November
Lecture 3: Book by 18 November 2020. Available for viewing 19 to 26 November
• This video will be hosted on Vimeo. You do not need a Vimeo account to access the lecture
• Upon clicking the link, you will be directed to the Vimeo website, where you will be required to enter the password and click ‘access’ to view the lecture
• Passwords are case-sensitive
• Please ensure you have a good internet connection to facilitate a quality viewing experience
Online ticketing terms and conditions
• The link provided to you is not to be shared or sold on
• The Art Gallery Society does not take responsibility for any technical difficulties experienced due to personal device failure and will not issue refunds in this situation
• The link to the lecture will only be available for 7 days. If you miss this viewing window, the Art Gallery Society will not issue refunds in this situation